HCG's Popular Posts

Saturday, June 11, 2011

She Beat Depression & Lost 170 Lbs.


Three years ago, Tanee weighed 320 pounds. Now? She's a fitness addict and even teaches workout classes.

Tanee Fought Depression And Weight Gain And Lost 170 Pounds




Name: Tanee Janusz

Age: 32

Height: 5'8"

Old Weight: 320

Current Weight: 150

How You Gained: I have three kids. I was overweight my entire life and gained 80 pounds with my first child. I didn't reach my highest weight until I fell into a bad bout of depression after I had my third child.

Breaking Point: I decided to do something about my weight after my oldest son decided to run away from me in a parking lot. He almost got hit and I didn't have a chance of catching up to him. It was one of the scariest moments of my life. He was about to turn seven and is on the autism spectrum (Asperger's). I didn't start my weight loss regimen right away after that. I looked at all of my options and decided to start with the old Core plan through Weight Watchers (kind of like South Beach).

How Long You've Maintained Your Weight Loss: I've maintained my weight loss for six months and just celebrated my third anniversary of beginning to lose on May 8th.

How You Lost: Starting was so overwhelming but I pulled on my big girl pants and just started. I totally rethought all of the food I kept in the kitchen. I threw out the stuff that wasn't on my list and replaced it with stuff that was. Luckily my husband was super supportive.

As things progressed, I began counting Weight Watchers points and eventually counting calories. I think that this is a mental game for most people and they get it in their heads that if one thing doesn't work or they get tired of doing it then it's better to just quit rather than tweaking their routine and habits. It's not -- tweak people!

Exercise was something that I slowly integrated into my routine. I started out by purchasing one of those cheesy mini-steppers for $30 at Walmart and I could only last like five minutes at a time on it. Eventually I progressed to walking, the elliptical, workout DVDs, and then I started running and doing way more. I now love exercise!

It's crazy but I'm a personal trainer and I teach group fitness classes now!

It wasn't easy to get to where I am and I still have daily struggles, but I'm very glad that I persevered. I knew there was a fit girl there, underneath all the fluff!

No comments:

Post a Comment